Text2MD is now offering a Lifestyle Medicine program in partnership with Health Conscious.
Overview of Lifestyle Medicine
Lifestyle medicine is a medical specialty that employs evidence-based lifestyle interventions to prevent, manage, or even reverse chronic diseases like cardiovascular disease, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and obesity. Practitioners of lifestyle medicine work collaboratively with patients to identify lifestyle-related risk factors and establish interventions to address them, with the goal of promoting overall health and well-being.
The key hallmarks of a lifestyle medicine approach include:
- Evidence-based care – Recommendations provided are safe, effective, and proven
- A focus on preventive care – Practitioners aim to help patients prevent chronic disease by adopting healthy habits and avoiding harmful ones
- Patient empowerment – Lifestyle medicine fosters self-efficacy and motivation
- Collaboration of the best medical practices – Provides comprehensive care by creating collaboration from multiple disciplines
Lifestyle medicine is a powerful approach to promoting overall health and preventing chronic diseases. By adopting healthy habits and working collaboratively with healthcare professionals, patients can enjoy numerous benefits, including improved mood, reduced risk of chronic diseases, and lower healthcare costs.
The Importance of Lifestyle Medicine
The US healthcare system focuses on diagnosing and treating illnesses rather than promoting wellness and preventing diseases. However, lifestyle medicine aims to understand the underlying factors that affect health and help people overcome barriers to achieve their health goals. Unfortunately, nearly half of Americans suffer from chronic medical conditions, and this number is expected to increase.
Lifestyle medicine is needed because it works. Research shows that daily habits have a significant impact on short-term and long-term health, and 80% of chronic diseases can be prevented. Despite this, doctors often do not focus on lifestyle medicine due to time constraints and a general lack of training in preventive health. Patients also face barriers such as not knowing where to get the correct information and not being able to maintain motivation or accountability.
Working with Text2MD + Health Conscious
To address these issues, we’ve partnered with Health Conscious so we can provide lifestyle medicine services and tools to help patients overcome obstacles. Our innovative partnership combines education, coaching, and monthly telemedicine visits to empower individuals to take control of their health through evidence-based lifestyle modifications.
With the mobile app, you will have the following resources at your fingertips:
- A comprehensive educational program that you can complete at your own pace, with modules released on a weekly basis to keep you on track.
- Regular group coaching sessions that provide accountability and support from like-minded individuals.
- Access to knowledgeable experts who will guide you through your journey and keep you motivated.
- A supportive community forum for making meaningful social connections.
- An easy-to-use tool for tracking your health metrics, so you can monitor your progress and see the results of your efforts.
Improve your health and well-being through better eating habits, physical activity, stress management, and mindfulness. We provide guidance and tools to help you make healthier choices and monthly check-ins with a provider to ensure you’re on track to achieve your health goals.
Lifestyle Medicine program – 6 Months Program
- 5 Video Call Visits
- Unlimited Chat
- Health Conscious app Coaching sessions
- 20% Fullscripts Supplement Store Discount
- Laboratory Testing and Functional Medicine Testing Provider Discounts
*Prescriptions per physician discretion